torstai 6. marraskuuta 2014

Dem bones

Everybody who knows me knows that I never wear anything made out of lace or that even slightly resembles lace but lately I've noticed that I have started using lace in my projects. I have no idea where all this came from. What is happening to me? But then again I don't really care if the outcome looks as cool as this.

Originally my plan was to place the rib cage under the lace So that the shiny side of the leather shown nicely though the lace. But since I did not find the right kind of lace to execute that plan I had to think again and placed them on top of the lace. Tadaa! Well not very original outcome. I blame solely the fabric stores for this.

 The bones are made out of leather that I had bought a year ago. I used the back side of the leather since the other side has a slight glitter effect on it. Since the bones don't use too much leather I still have some to make more rib cages!

Because I could not make my original plan I wanted to do something to the bones to make it special. 
I ended up sewing these small glass beads by hand. Which was a bad idea since it is really hard sew anything to leather by hand and I had to use mega small needle so that it fits trough the beads. It took me about 4 hours to attach all the beads so that They won't fall off on the first time when it is washed. 

I had to buy a whole bad of the glass beads and now I have few hundred beads left over. I have no idea where I'm going to use them. Also I have some left over lace. Obviously the solution is to make more clothing with this same technique.

 


If you are interested reading more about new products, my personal obsessions and life. Please click and become a reader. You can also follow me on facebook: www.facebook.com/roguebytiinaulkuniemi or instagram: http://instagram.com/rogue195
And you can buy my products from: www.etsy.com/shop/Roguestore
Also I would like to hear what kind of posts you would like to read? Today's outfit, making of or/and current obsessions.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti